Group Buy of The Month (Bulk Reef Supply)

As you may have already seen, we are planning on doing a group buy each month. Each months group buy will be at a different vender(Suggestions weclomed).

This month we are going to be doing a group buy at Bulk Reef Supply (BRS). For those of you not familiar with BRS they provide bulk quantites of common aquarist items, like carbon, GFO, Lighting, Skimmers, etc. Once we have ten people interested we qualify for their group buy, which ends up giving you the cheapest price, as listed in the pricing list for a week. You just need to create an account on there webpage, pm us your e-mail and then when ever our group buy week starts you can go onto the website and purchase items at the discounted price, and best of all have them delivered right to your own home, no pick up. If we have at least 15 people in on the purchase then everyone gets a permanent "preferred" customer status which gives you a lesser but permanent discount. Here is their info for the group buy and checkout what they have to offer at www.bulkreefsupply.com :

Group and Club Buys
***NEW*** Group Buy is now available any time and as many times as your club would like to utilize it.
This promotion is designed to maximize the discounts and remove all of the organizational hassle that normally goes along with a group buy. All you need is 10 people who want to buy at least one item from us at drastically discounted prices.
Here is how it works: For one week we upgrade every member of your club who signs up and creates an account with special "Club Wholesale" status. This gives them individual access to the maximum quantity discounts without quantity requirements on all of our bulk material as well as considerable discounts on much of our product line. Each member of the club handles their own order individually. There is no need to organize the order, schedule a pickup/distribution day, or collect payments. If that isn't enough we offer one more exciting perk: All club members who participate in the group buy will have their accounts upgraded to "Preferred Reefer" status giving them a smaller but permanent discount. The only requirement to be eligible for this Introductory Reef Club offer is that a minimum of 15 club members sign up.

Please reply if you are interested!

-David:D

Not to be a debbie downer, but this group buy has happened about 3 other times with local members recently. It may be hard to come by 10-15 new buyers for bulk reef supply. There was someone looking at doing one on the masc section of Reefcentral not too long ago, may want to get in touch with them.

Bulk reef supply is definately one of my favorite online vendors.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
but see the purpose is not to get or not get the permanent discount. The purpose of this whole thing is to try and get everybody involved. We want everyone more involved in this community. The group buy just happened to land on BRS this month but next month will be a different place, then another. We only want you to be satisfied and to be keeping up with whats out there.

i understand what the purpose is. i am just saying that there have already been at least 2 BRS group buys in the last month. if we all knew what group buy was coming and when, then there could be some plans made to participate in the club group buys. i may not be paying attention, but is there a schedule? this one kind of came up on me by surprise. if i knew we had a BRS group buy scheduled i wouldnt have ordered my things from them a couple weeks ago. i am just trying to save a month from being wasted on this BRS buy. it seems that there are quite a few people looking into buying bulbs and thought maybe the bulbs could take the place of the BRS buy for this month. no harm no foul. i think what you are doing is a great idea.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 on bulbs!

I see no issue with adding a light group buy this month? I'll leave the BRS active incase people were wanting to do it and if it doesn't happen thats fine. As far as the lights, were does everyone get theirs? Would hellolights.com work? I sent them a message to see kind of discount they would provide. Reef geek, also has some really good lights. Those interested please weigh in so we can get good participation!

Cheers!
-David

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have always purchased my bulbs from hellolights. I know they are offering a 10% coupon for this weekend only, but they don't have any 250w 20k XM's in stock :(

So who is in on the BRS broup buy? So far it looks like we have:

Myself
AGGSW
Deuce67
68Sting

I am not sure on this thread who wanted in so please voice in on who wants in on the BRS (Bulk Reef Supply) Group buy. We only need 10 to get the full discount so buy here rather than some where that doesn't include a discount.

Also, due to popular request we will also be doing a bulb group buy. Most likely at Reef Geek, so check out there stock to see if your interested. They seem to have the best group discount, for quality bulbs!
Thanks!

-David

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
hellolights seems to have a better selection and a LOT more organized. Also, if you take into account shipping, reefgeek is more expensive.

I called both and hellolights, give 5% discount at $500 and 10% discount at $1000. Reef Geek has these discounts:

T5 Bulbs:
12+ - 10%
24+ - 15%
36+ - 20%
- Additional shipping charges apply for 5' bulbs (Approximately $15 for up to 25 lamps)

MH Bulbs (XM, Ushio, Phoenix, Hamilton)
6+ - 10% Off
12+ - 15% Off
24+ - 20% Off

IceCap SLR or Sunlight Supply Tek 2 Retrofit Kits.
1+ - 5% Off
3+ - 10% Off

You guys decide which one you want to get your lights from and we'll make it happen.

-David

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I still say hellolights due to the free shipping factor, though at 15% it may even out.

I need 6 T-5 bulbs - 4' lenghts. I'll go which ever is best. This will be my first purchase of T-5's which one (brand) should I go for and anyone got suggestions as to how to mix them up? Want to go coral's and clams if I can do it with these. Got the Tec fixture, turns the two outers on first.

Thanks

I've read Grims pages many times - they give a great review and are educational but being very new at this I need more hand holding - I don't know if I need/want pint or blue or what. I need some specific recommendations. What is in my fixture looks good, is very bright but I have no idea if it's any good.

Like I said I have t Tec 6 bulb unit.

Thanks
Brad

So far I have replaced 4 of my stock bulbs. I put in two UV lighting Aquasuns, one ATI Aquablue special, and one UV lighting Super Actinic. The stock that are left are one current usa blue actinic, and one current usa 10k. Of that mix I love the super actinic, Because it is a 420nm and not 450 or 460nm like most other "actinics" it really make things florece. I like the aquasuns, because they have the highest par value, but their a little red, so I am going to swap one of them out for an ATI Blue plus, and then swap out my 2 remaining stock bulbs with an Aquablue special, and another blue plus. This will give me more of a 20k look, but still have a very high par value. This will be the layout.

-ATI Blue Plus
-ATI Aquablue Special
-UV AquaSun
-ATI Blue Plus
-ATI Aquablue Special
-UV Super Actinic

-David