Grow out contest 2016-1

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
TeenReefer;n650940 said:
sadly I just got home from school and the polyp melted overnight. If any of you guys ever have a frag for sale in the future please let me know.
Sorry to hear that, put me on the list to hook you up with a frag if mine makes it

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I'll hook you up with one too once the grow out is over (assuming my baby opens up sometime soon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine has been open but wasn't happy think it cause it was right where my fresh water was pumped so I moved it and I'll see how it is after my shift but I don't think I have a baby yet.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
CRW Reef;651300 said:
So anyone have any new heads? Any pics? I want to see them!!!!!!
I have a bump on mine so far. I'll take a pic when I get home tonight.

Ask and you may find out, don't ask and you will never know.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;651300 said:
So anyone have any new heads? Any pics? I want to see them!!!!!!
Mine hasn't done anything since I brought it home, I think it's melting sadly enough.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Baby watch 2016 continues... Waiting for this guy to open his little face.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Maybe... But I don't think so. The polyp's formed a flat ring around its base that goes the full 360. I can't get a good photo of it. But that little side pimple is the only part that looks like it's going to form a head.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Upon further image googling, I think it's starting to creep. Like spread its base to take up more real estate. And hopefully send out more heads.

Even though I'll say I think I've seen this polyp fully open and happy once in the entire time he's been in there. Mostly it spends its time half closed and looking annoyed. Other neighboring zoas are fine though

Mine will open and close throughout the day. But definitely is happy. I'm not planning on messing with it. Still need to get a real camera out and take a photo, but here's another crappy iPhone pic

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Rjl45 awesome growth.

Mine is spreading and it's baby bump is on the back side.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
rjl45;651359 said:
Mine started on the back side too lol...then I rotated the plug so I could watch it grow. Almost like it wanted to hide!
I want to but I'll wait till the first when we have to post pics to move it.

May not be able to post tomorrow, so here's my June 1st photo. Finally broke out the real camera. I think it's a little better than my iPhone. The color isn't exactly right, but my photo shoot was rudely interrupted by my manderin fish, who decided to swim right over the zoas and closed them up lol. Hope everyone had a great memorial day!

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wasn't open when I went to check and my other frag is just on the other side of the jawbreaker and was open and happy so hopefully it's fine. Here's my June.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Here is my June 1st entry. Looks like I have a head and some bumps on it.