1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Haddonisreef 210

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Haddonisreef, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

That pic was about 5 min after intro. Couldn’t be happier w this guy!!! If anyone is looking for a Golden back trigger please lmk.

2. Haddonisreef

3. Haddonisreef

4. Haddonisreef

Love this guy C0948881-1AAB-48D1-AEB0-C66FD3190A76.jpeg

5. Haddonisreef

6. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I am going to get a Quoyi Parrot soon, miss my Princess already

7. Haddonisreef

They have one at animal att in Greeley

8. Haddonisreef

F4F2BEDB-4EA6-4AB4-8408-3C63755413CB.jpeg Can you say baby bounce

TheRealChrisBrown and scmountain like this.
  9. Haddonisreef

EBCFB360-AFB3-4955-AC90-F1103065B41D.jpeg Took the nems out of there baskets and dedicated 1/3 of the frag tank to them they have opened really nice w no constriction. And the tangled tentacles are just awesome color pattern.

TheRealChrisBrown and Cake_Boss like this.
  10. Haddonisreef

11. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

that bounce is so tiny!
    The nems coloration is absolutely amazing

Haddonisreef likes this.
  12. Haddonisreef

Someone’s happy!
    B89406CB-234A-4E35-87EA-54A8ED68B34A.jpeg

13. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Why aren't they going in your display?

14. Haddonisreef

Been contemplating putting one in, but still have cutting in mind down the road Booo hahaha

15. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I'll be your Black Widow cautionary tale on cutting....:( Apparently go way slower than one cut every 6 weeks, even if they look happy.

Haddonisreef likes this.
  16. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Did you all actually order in a Goldenback, or did you just see it on a list? They are on the list every week, but I am always afraid that they are going to be 10 REAL inches.

Crosshatches will get even better color in pairs. The awesome thing is that you can usually get females in the 3-4 inch range.

Haddonisreef likes this.
  17. scchase

scchase Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

That one came from a guy down here in Denver that was getting out. It was big by the way

18. Haddonisreef

Like Scott said was from a guy in Denver that broke down his tank. He’s awesome but every bit of 8” so not to bad for my 210 but will prolly have to rehome him down the road some time.

19. scchase

Wish I had been able to grab more from him but funds were short after the fire, I picked up the Majestic angel and it is doing great

20. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Impressive fish.

The X triggers are slow growers, but you might get sick of feeding them. If they start to get even a little bit skinny, they will disappear and die one day. Many feedings with many different types of food are good. They love some squid, mussels, octopus. The last Goldenback that I had could eat a whole sheet of the 6x6 nori in about 10-15 seconds while keeping all the other fish away.

The last Crosshatch pair that I had took me 4-5 months until RT found a small male, but they were about 3.75-4 inches (really cute) and grew to 6 over a 3-4 years, but I put them in the 5000 gallon children's hospital tank when I moved here.

These are some of my favorite fish.