Haddonisreef new sump build!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I guess not final routered the bottom and one more wt for wife's sake. Got a few idea from hooked at Scmas so waiting for some acrylic to be cut and nem skimmer to arrive then the real fun will start

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
projectx;n646685 said:
How did you cut your Acrylic? I am looking a high tooth count saw blades, just wondering what you used
It's a Diablo I'll get the tooth count in the morning cause it's at my shop, cut 1/2 and 1/4 real nice.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Legonch;n646701 said:
Looks pretty sweet! Where did you find a source for the acrylic?
There's a place in Fort Collins "fc plastic" there off prospect 10 min off interstate they have everything u need weld on applicators etc and will pre cut the acrylic all u need to do is prep was a learning experience for sure.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good deal.....

Was thinking about making a sump this summer. Been reading and watching vids. Do you really just use that thin glue stuff and it basically welds its self together?

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Legonch;n646710 said:
Good deal.....

Was thinking about making a sump this summer. Been reading and watching vids. Do you really just use that thin glue stuff and it basically welds its self together?
Yep just allow to cure and prepare seems

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool Thanks
There is a huge thread on R2R on all of this too, been reading it for awhile, thing has been split 4 times.

Did you end up cleaning the edges with a router after the cuts, or the Diablo cut them smooth enough you didnt need to?