Halides vs led thoughts

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Roscoe;n650646 said:
I got the odyssea 48inch 2x250 watt with 4 t5s. The system is going to be on a 90 tall
that should work. i would go with radium bulbs if i were you and throw a pink t5 in there with your actinic. make sure you always acclimate your new frags to the light

Roscoe

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
robert.talarico;n650688 said:
that should work. i would go with radium bulbs if i were you and throw a pink t5 in there with your actinic. make sure you always acclimate your new frags to the light
Thanks for the info brah!! Yeah I'm only running the MH from 2 to 6 right now

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
this is my opinion...ive seen them all, heard it all, and can show you beautiful coral grown under all different types of lighting...but in the end i would take led over MH any day of the week. sure mh grows coral...t5 grows coral...vho grows coral... hell, even the damn PC grow coral...ive even heard the sun can grow coral.. what nobody ever seems to mention is water quality..you can have awesome water quality and grow outstanding coral with craptastic light... but you cant have craptastic water and grow coral under whatever fabulous lights you spent your life savings on... ive seen beautiful reefs under led.. ive seen beautiful reefs under mh.. ive also seen crap.. what it boils down to is your preference...led is a specific color spectrum.. everything else is a blend...do you want to replace bulbs every year, pay high electric bill, and deal with heat? or do you want to enjoy your tank without all the bullshit? i say go led and learn how to adjust the color spectrum properly for the coral..add a t5 to fill in the spectrums your missing if you feel youre not getting what you want...

in the end, led are crap and you should sell me yours for cheap! ill gladly dispose of them for you...