Hazard Issue, Maybe a question for an electrician?

Hello all,

I was just looking at the additional LED I added into the hood of my RSM 130d. I took the idea from online to remove the small part of the hood on the inside, open it up and cut extra plastic out to install the light then silicone in. I also added 2 computer fans, one to blow in and one out. Its been going for 2 years + now with no KNOWN issues, it doesn't get hot either. But water does condensate on the water protector (as all of the ceiling of the hood) and I am wondering if I created a worriable hazard. Should I take it apart to check? It's really siliconed heavily so I would have to redo it all, including breaking glue bonds in the hood so that might go to ****. What is the worse that could happen if water got into the led lamp, a short or fuse popping or anything including fire?

Thanks so much!

Bill

Ill have to put one of those in this weekend :/ I have the outlet covered and using the controllers powerswitch with a circuit that can pop but I doubt its as good. Thank you!

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
As long as there is are no exposed wires, salt creep will form and I don't think it's a big deal.