Hello from Boston!

Archit

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to peek in and say hello! :) We are planning to move to Colorado (Highland Ranch / Parker / Aurora area) sometime in the very near future, and just wanted to see how the reefing community is like there :)

A little about myself ... been in the hobby for around 8 years? love pretty much every aspect of the hobby minus for the moving part :p

I'm a complete coral maniac, but love my fish quite a bit as well :)

Here's a video of my tank I took over a month ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdu-5Rji90

It's a 275g Miracles tank, 7' L x 30" D x 25" H ... definitely going to be project if I can't sell it and have to move, but a part of me is hoping it doesn't sell so I can bring it with me :)

Hoping to learn more about you guys, and hopefully meet a few of you in the not too distant future! :)

- Archit

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: you are certainly in the right place. Great group of addicts all assisting each other in their addiction ;)

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Awesome video! Tell us more about that setup, your SPS looks amazing! What kinds of lights were you running? What do you dose, or additives do you do add? (carbon dosing, zeovit, good husbandry, etc.)

Too bad you have to break that bad boy down! Do you know anybody that can hold your favorite corals for a bit and then ship them out??

Welcome aboard!

Archit

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks guys! :)

So it's a 275g tank Miracles tank, with a Advanced Acrylics Alpha series sump. I'm running 2 skimmers: Deltec SC2530 and Tunze 9430. Using Vectra L1 for return, and 2 MP60s and 2 MP40s for powerheads. For lights, I'm running 3 Radion Pros and 6 T5 retros (well ... 12 T5s but they're split 6 and 6 between left and right).

For salt, I'm using AquaForest salt, along with their ABVE regimen. I actually didn't have to dose anything aside from my weekly 45g water changes until now, but now I'm breaking the tank down anyway (tank is only 1 year old). I have already sold a lot of my colonies ... hoping to sell the rest soon as the tank has been ignored for the last 2-3 months (long story ...)

I feed (or well ... used to feed) the tank 5-7 times a day ... mix of live blackworms, mysis, RODs, flakes ...

Needless to say, I simply can not wait to set this (or another) bad boy up once we make the move!

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Future welcome to Colorado! Beautiful tank you have going. I know when I moved from the coast a few people offered to help hold livestock from my previous tank. My move didn't allow that, but maybe yours will.

I would offer, but I'm still working on getting my tank started after 3 years tankless. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome the the MILE HIGH reefer madness! We have a great club here with lots of aged reefers, so you'll be in great company!!! Good luck in the move and well leave the light on for ya :lostit: