Hello from Loveland

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok cool. I will give it a try. How long can the corals be exposed to the air before I need to dip them back in the water? I will have to take the rock out to frag it. It has zoas, paly's and a mushroom on it. I will try to get all the teal paly's off because the are almost invasive. I will also have to pick up a bunch of frag plugs. Hopefully I can find room in my tank to house them temporarily until I can take them into an LFS or trade to someone. I will probably list some on Craigslist too. I have at least 30 polyps of the paly's. also, some of the zoas I want to keep are now growing out of the middle of some of the paly's stalks. Can I cut this out and save them or should I just leave them on the paly's?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you notice my avatar, all the zoas on the left are now completely covered by paly's.

Vdubjetta01

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
The zoa' s and paly's should be fine out of water long enough to frag (5 mins or so) just have a container ready to put them in for transport. Or if your going to just return them back to your tank. I haven't fragged a whole lot of stuff but the only thing that doesn't like being out of water is sps.

WELCOME to MASC! Lots of nice helpful people on here.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hello from Loveland

Dr.HarlemTutu;254132 said:
Wear goggles when fragging zoa. Sps are fine out if water as well. I've seen sps out of water in Australia for 2 hours at a time during very low tide.

Vdubjetta01

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;254133 said:
Dr.HarlemTutu;254132 said:
Wear goggles when fragging zoa. Sps are fine out if water as well. I've seen sps out of water in Australia for 2 hours at a time during very low tide.
Thanks for clueing me in amongst my vast research into getting my first 2 sps' s I had read that someone's birdsnest tips started to brown from exposure to air maybe this was a prolonged event that I had read about.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks everyone for the input. I will try to get to the LFS today and pick up some frag plugs so I can work on it in the next few days. I have goggles and gloves already. Should I get some bone cutters and try to cut the rock from under the paly's or will the scalpel be fine?

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just use a standard razor blade for those razor blade scrapers. That will cut most live rock with a little bit of effort.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thought I would insert my current list of corals here.

[TABLE="width: 159"]
[TR]
[TD]Blue Striped Mushroom[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Eagle Eye Zoas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Radioactive Dragon Eye[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Green Bay Packer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Teal Pally[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Orange Rimmed Zoa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ked Reds Zoa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Orange Sunkist Zoa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Blue zoa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]small green zoas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alabama Blue Tort[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lavender Mushroom[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Orange Montipora[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Green Star Polyp[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pink Anthelia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jedi Mind Trick[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pom Pom Xenia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Purple Mushroom[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kenya Tree[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rainbow Ricordea[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Green Ricordea[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hydnophora
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Acan red/green
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Merletti Pink w/blue eye
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cali Tort[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]ORA Green Birds Nest[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tyree Satosa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Blue Mushroom[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Green Mushroom[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pipe Organ mint
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fire and Ice Zoas[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pineapple Tree[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Red Mushroom[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bowser Paly[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Barbie Millepora[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]tri-color valida[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Yuma[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
will do. I just picked up a few more corals of which I will be DBTC'ing some. I got a Hollywood Stunner Chalice (DBTC), an Idaho Grape Monti (DBTC), a Purple Haze Monti, Pink Barbie Millie, and Candy Apple Pink Zoas.