HELP!!!!! Anemone!!!!

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just aquired quite a bit of Live Rock and this RBTA was stuck to it.......foot anchored a good 3" into the crevis.

I am JUST setting up my tank, so I know the ammonia spike will kill it. I drove 30 miles home with little water in the bucket hoping he would just fall out looking for water...but to no avail.

His foot is stuck too far in for the ice cube trick. He is a VERY cool looking RBTA and I don't want to lose him.

I have him back in the water ATM at 1.026 SG and temp sitting at 79. I am afraid to check ammonia for fear of the end!

PLEASE help me out!!! I have a stable tank awaiting his arrival as soon as he comes out..........sadly, the rock is too large to fit into the stable tank. Worst part about it, is that I cannot get ahold of the owner of the stable tank now, so it has gotten even WORSE!

freestylefly on Yahoo messenger.....otherwise I will constantly refresh this thread

What do you need? I'll take care of the anemone for a few weeks if you need.

303-955-4964

Want to get the anemone out of the rock? Break the rock with a hammer.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ammonia looking good so far........FINGERS CROSSED

if you put the live rock in your newly setup tank, you may not get an ammonia spike. keep testing just in case. i got some live rock a few weeks ago, went home, filled up a 50g tank with brand new saltwater, dumped the liverock in and everything survived, in fact everything is doing great. my live rock came with a small gbta, sps, snails, gorgonian, leather etc...everyting is doing great...still. of course, if the live rock wasnt fully cured or didnt sit out too long, you may not have the same results. good luck.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
125+ pounds of cured live rock into a new 60g with 20g sump.......Tested .5ppm ammonia and 8.0ph last night at about 10

Just turned on the lights this morning, so we will see how everything is looking.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
osprey77;6853 said:
as always you know where my tank is.
Hell RJ, you are #1 speed dial at this point, HA HA

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will just smash up the rock and let it sit in RJ's tank for a while

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can sleep tonight!!!!!

Thanks RJ

things are looking good, its at the very back of the tank and looking fine, we'll see if it moves around once the main lights come on.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
this is why its always handy to have a bottle of Prime laying around. Prime, along with many other fancy dechlorinators on the market will bind with ammonia thus eliminating it from the system. If you had a bottle of prime laying around you might not have had to move the anemone!

cheers~!
jon

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
jonthefb;6885 said:
this is why its always handy to have a bottle of Prime laying around. Prime, along with many other fancy dechlorinators on the market will bind with ammonia thus eliminating it from the system. If you had a bottle of prime laying around you might not have had to move the anemone!

cheers~!
jon

I added Prime (actually got it from your store on Friday) but just wanted 100% reassurance that everything would be alright.