Help! Hot Tub Repairman!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like the RO Coral flat Idea.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ahh ok...lol...hard to get that just off the posts. But yeah...now i understand. Is your pump in line with the heater. Cause if it is...might be a cracked heater core thats leaking and causing both problems. Did the previous owner say if it sat empty over winter. Cause thats a huge mistake, since you cant ever fully drain a hot tub...some water will always remain. Plus rain and snow can easily work there way into the tub and fill the plumbing. Hopefully its an easy fix though.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
oh sounded like a great idea

The tub was sitting empty over winter. But, the leak it has is very slow. The Jet pump isn't inline with the heater, but I think the circulation pump might be. I don't know for sure. It's a 90's HotSprings Jetsetter, with Ozone. And who knows what else...

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you know if any of the pumps or anything work?

I was told that they work, the circulation pump is supposedly newer, but I don't know for sure. Yeah, we had an old jacuzzi that we used to drain during the winter, and we finally had to pay to have it hauled off, it leaked like a mofo.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol...i will never understand why people let them set empty during the winter. Sitting in a nice hot tub while the snow is falling around you is the best feeling in the world.

I'm pretty sure that it's the pump gasket, I woke up this morning, and the water level hadn't changed at all, but theres water on my floor, so it is leaking. I don't think there is any freeze damage, as the tub would probably be empty by now if there was.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Most likely. But there could be a hairline crack in one of the pipes. If it is a gasket...its an easy fix. Probably around $10 with a gasket sealent. Those things do dryrot though...so you might need to buy a new gasket. Which the hardest part would be to find one...if the hot tub is that old. Hopefully chris can fix it for you. If not let me know...I might be able to help. I just cant make it down to castle rock anytime soon.

I'm gonna work on the gasket when I get home, and once I get it fired up, I'm gonna try the fix- a-leak stuff. The amount of water leaking is minimal, there is still no visible amount of missing water from the tub.

Still need a repairman. The tub starts up, tries to run, and then trips the breaker, and the little LED blinks. Frustrating.

The jet pump doesn't connect to the heater, this is a dual pump system, so the circulation pump goes through the heater. The jet pump is on its own system.

We're getting a larger Wind River Spa. If anyone wants this, it needs a little more work, but it works well, and looks decent. $100 negotiable. Would trade for an RKL.