Help identify this anemone

Hello,

I purchased this anemone from someone on craigslist who lives in the same city I do. I went and picked it up, and within a few months of being in my main tank at my home, it split.

A few months after that happened, I got a tank for my office and decided the environment I have in that tank is sufficient for an anemone (as I was comfortable keeping anemones at this point). I moved the smaller anemone to the office tank, and its been there for a few months and is doing just fine.

The only real question I have is identification. I was told it was a RBTA when I bought it, but it clearly doesn't look like that. I was really wanting to know so I could find out if I should be feeding or supplementing with anything else.
I tried a google image search but cant find anything that resembles this completely.

The one at my home aquarium is significantly bigger than the office specimen, but they both look healthy in the same way.

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought a bta at macna last year, about 3 days later he split and looked great but after awhile he began looking like this too. He didn't start looking normal until I u graded to a nanocube with leds. I think the lighting on my biocube wasn't very sufficient and in result that's how they began to look. What kind of lighting do you have?

Currently under the stock lighting that came with the tank " 2 skyye 8w 14000k LED" . My home tank is under some 10K CFs.

I've had the larger one in my home tank for longer than a year at this point, and in my experience these particular specimens, they are looking as healthy as ever. Are you saying it looks sick?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks like a rose bubble tip to me

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought a bta at macna last year, about 3 days later he split and looked great but after awhile he began looking like this too. He didn't start looking normal until I u graded to a nanocube with leds. I think the lighting on my biocube wasn't very sufficient and in result that's how they began to look. What kind of lighting do you have?

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
No not sick at all I thought maybe he wasn't acclimated to the lighting, but that probably isn't the problem if the other nem is doing fine

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
There can be many reason why they arent bubbled up, but honestly isnt not that bg of a deal. If the nem decides it wants to bubble it will otherwise it will look like a long tentacle. I had my rainbow for like a year before it finally bubbled up the tentacles. until then it had long slender tentacles. Then one day it just decided to bubble them up. No idea why, could have been a change in flow, or it finally got used to my tank, or because the clowns decided to host in it finally. Either way nems will do it when and how ever they like too and likely wont before then.

my nem went under a rock and received no light and when I took it out it looked like that but I put it on top of one of my rocks and it seams to be doing better.