1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Help moving a tank?!

Discussion in 'Jobs: Help Wanted or Offered' started by Dr.DiSilicate, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I just got a call from the delivery company that my aquarium is arriving tomorrow. I didn’ Realize it had been shipped yet. It’s a 5.5 foot 180ish. I’ll need at least two people to help out... three would be better as it’s going down some stairs. I’ll be getting beer and pizza for anyone who is able to help. Sorry for such short notice!!!

Option 1. Tomorrow (Tuesday) evening around 6 pm

Option 2. Saturday sometime? Let’s say 10am

I’m in Greeley so pretty far north.

Reply and pm if you can help. I’ll get you the address and my number. Thank you ahead of time. !!! Mike

2. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I can help mike either day!!

3. fishguy69

fishguy69 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Gees another big tank?

4. Dr.DiSilicate

Almost the same size. Just a few inches longer and in a different spot. Better to move just the stock and sell the tank than risk everything moving it all at once.

fishguy69 likes this.
  5. Dr.DiSilicate

Looks like this is happening tomorrow evening. One more hand would be awesome!

6. Dr.DiSilicate

Is have my 4! Thanks y’all!!! Unless you want some free beer???

7. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I would totally volunteer.....but I have a debilitating fear of tank moves. Good luck fellas, get it moved safe and sound!

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  8. Dr.DiSilicate

It’s in a that’ll help.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  9. Off The Deep End

Off The Deep End Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Just saw this, if you end up needing more help let me know.

10. flyfish

flyfish Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I will be around as well if you need more help Mike

11. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Good luck with the move! Wish I was closer to pitch in.

12. Dr.DiSilicate

Thanks for the help Charlie and Juan!!!

13. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Pics, or it didn't happen....
    or
    New build thread???

whyamisofly likes this.
  14. Dr.DiSilicate

Need to start the thread.
    563E57AF-4B21-4924-A42C-9AB496197D64.jpeg 68273257-F487-4AD2-9C6C-3EA5DB455E31.jpeg

SynDen and TheRealChrisBrown like this.
  15. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Looks great! Time to fill it up!

16. whyamisofly

whyamisofly Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Who did you choose as the tank and stand builder?

17. Dr.DiSilicate

Sc aquariums for the tank and stand. The aquarium build is very good! Stand is just ok but the price was really good.

18. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

What size is the old tank? I could be interested depending on the dimensions. Congrats on the new tank. It looks great!

19. Dr.DiSilicate

Old tank is 60x30x22 with a mocha stand and floating canopy. The tank unfortunately has a chip on the bottom left front corner. It’s fine but somewhat unsightly. The stand is nearly perfect. It’ll be on the market pretty soon. And reasonably priced!

20. TheRealChrisBrown

I might be legitimately interested in the tank and stand as well. My 150 has a lot of scratches on it, I just don't know how I'd do the lighting...