Help save my boobies (blue boobies that is).

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
About 10-12 days ago I noticed 2 spots on my blue boobies that appeared to be dying. I thought it was being irrated by some pipe organ, so I killed a bunch of the pipe organ, so it couldn't bother the chalice. I then left town, and got back late last night, and this is the way it looks now. About a third of the right side appears to be bleaching, but it's mouths are still pink.

I have grown this guy from 4-5 mounts to 50-65. It has done great in this spot for the past 6+ months.

Do I try to brake off the bleached part, or try to frag some of the healthy part? I really don't want to loose it.

View attachment 15973

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
My stunner did this a while ago, I was only able to save it by cutting off a small peice of what was still alive and basically started over.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd cut it in half... Leave one alone, and then clean off the dead off the second half.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What is the best way to cut a chalice? In the past, I just broke the piece by hand, but want to make sure I do the proper way with this guy.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1

Then cut it almost down the middle, so your left piece is 100% healthy, and then break off or dremmel off the dead stuff left over from the right piece.

[attachment=65169:name]