Help setting up ca reactor

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have read till blue in the face on setting up a ca reactor but still don't trust myself! So is there anyone who can come help me? Willing to pay $ or corals!! Looking to do this next week cause I'm on vacation from 14 -21 lmk thanks

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is it possible to set up the reactor after you come back from vacation? I'm not sure I would do it before, as things could go very wrong.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReeferMatt;354545 said:
Is it possible to set up the reactor after you come back from vacation? I'm not sure I would do it before, as things could go very wrong.
No I'm on vacation that week not going anywhere

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BRS has some great videos on Calcium reactors, but Seth is the only person I know who runs them with any expertise.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReeferMatt;354547 said:
BRS has some great videos on Calcium reactors, but Seth is the only person I know who runs them with any expertise.
Ya should have picked his head when he was over last week!

flyfish

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm in the same boat Charlie,I bought on from Seth and wish I would have quizzed him more on it

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good luck, please share any tips. Just set one up a few weeks ago myself, so far so good, but am definitely still reading to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You're gonna have to test daily until it's dialed in. You'll also need some additives to get it where you want it then use the reactor to keep it there

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Dude, I'd be glad to help you. I'm not the worlds expert but can surely help ya get it going. Are you using your reef keeper to help run it? Text me and we can meet. I have a couple weeks off.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
ReeferMatt;354545 said:
+1 This is very likely. I have made the mistake of making changes to the tank before going on vacation which resulted in serious problems that were difficult if not impossible to deal with remotely. I would wait to set up anything new to the tank until after vacation.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chris_W;354564 said:
Good luck, please share any tips. Just set one up a few weeks ago myself, so far so good, but am definitely still reading to make sure I didn't screw anything up.
I hear test and test then test again!!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;354566 said:
Dude, I'd be glad to help you. I'm not the worlds expert but can surely help ya get it going. Are you using your reef keeper to help run it? Text me and we can meet. I have a couple weeks off.
Awesome I need to order some media unless I can find some local other then that I'm shooting for next tue or thur

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;354611 said:
+1 This is very likely. I have made the mistake of making changes to the tank before going on vacation which resulted in serious problems that were difficult if not impossible to deal with remotely. I would wait to set up anything new to the tank until after vacation.
Haha no I'm on vacation but let's call it a turning 40 staycation! :cool:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Haddonisreef;354618 said:
Haha no I'm on vacation but let's call it a turning 40 staycation! :cool:
Ah then you should be good. Happy 40th!

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think I tested for alk 2-3 times a day for the first week (mainly because I'm OCD about adding new things to my tank). I made the switch from B-ionic 2part. Alk shot up to almost 12 for the first few days, but I think that was mainly due to the system adjusting from one additive to the other.