Help wanted installing laminate wood/tile

Need help installing laminate wood/ tile in my house. I don't have any necessary tools, and Id like the laminate wood to be done on the stairs so install may be tricky. I was quoted 1.99 sf for the laminate at homedepot, just seeing if there is anyone here who could do a good job and knock it out for cheaper. Ive got appx. 500 sf to do, and I live in Fort Collins.

120greefman

HD just contracts it out anyway and pays them less than the 1.99 a sf to do it. I know cause I used to do it, long time ago, don't do it anymore. See if you can find a local handyman. It's really not that hard to do, just need the right tools. Also not sure if you can put laminate on stairs unless things have changed since back in the day.

That is why I am searching on here. I don't think it would be that hard to do given the right tools. HD said laminate wood can be done on the stairs but was unsure on the price, I am yet to here back from them. I am open to tiling the stairs, but as always depends on the price.

Ok so after more research laminate on stairs is just a bad idea, this makes the project a little easier as I will just leave it carpet. Anybody?