Help with anemone/tank crash

So I come home to find my sunburst BTA sucked up into my MP10 and it's shredded and dead. The whole tank is cloudy. I'm not sure when this happened but my fish are all still alive and the corals seem to be ok. Would this release a big spike in ammonia or anything like that? I plan on doing a big water change but still.. It sucks. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If it were me I would do a 50% water change and keep an eye on everything, do you have a QT set up? If so I would try and put your fish in it. Sorry to hear.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;279988 said:
Yep water change and be sure the nem is a goner before tossing away there pretty hardy!
+1 if there is a good portion of it left it will heal.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is exactly why I opted for sea swirls over the vortechs I just had sitting there. I'm very sorry to hear this hope it all works out.

Thank you very much everyone! I am doing a 50% water change and put in some fresh chemi pure elite carbon. I will keep you updated!

Haddonisreef;279988 said:
Yep water change and be sure the nem is a goner before tossing away there pretty hardy!
I found a chunk of anemone stuck to the back of the filter section (I have a nuvo 38) but it was attached and seem to be alive.. Shriveled up but still has color and it's foot was attached. I put it back into the display tank but do you think I should toss it?

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It its a sunburnt I'd try to keep

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Keep it....

This one was shredded by a powerhead a few months ago. Ripped most tentacles off and had a hole in body.