Help with anemone/tank crash

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Saw some home made guards made from acrylic and screens. It consisted of two donut shapes of acrylic one around the base and one around the opening with pieces glued between them. The screen went around the outside. I'll see if I can find a link.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
this sucks to hear man. Those clowns were loving that nem... wonder why the sudden pull to the MP happened.

It definitely looks savable and should be fine. heck you may get a split like said!! never know. maybe look into a WP25 rather than the MP. Less undertow and my sunburst loves it but never gets sucked in with the flow it creates.

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nmertz1;280006 said:
I found a chunk of anemone stuck to the back of the filter section (I have a nuvo 38) but it was attached and seem to be alive.. Shriveled up but still has color and it's foot was attached. I put it back into the display tank but do you think I should toss it?
This one got pulled through and spit out a power head as well. These guys are amazingly resilient.

I am pleased to say that the anemone has re attached to a rock and looks like it's already tripled in size! thanks to everyone who said not to throw it out! I'll get pics later and put them up.

Yay! So glad to hear. I had actually pulled my powerhead foam covers, read this and immediately re-added them. Need to replace those old pumps with koralias soon.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nmertz1;280128 said:
I am pleased to say that the anemone has re attached to a rock and looks like it's already tripled in size! thanks to everyone who said not to throw it out! I'll get pics later and put them up.
Awesome! Great to hear it is doing better!

Good_GReef;280145 said:
Yay! So glad to hear. I had actually pulled my powerhead foam covers, read this and immediately re-added them. Need to replace those old pumps with koralias soon.
You're going to replace mp10's with koralias!?!?!?

Haha wish i could afford those. I have old maxi-jet 1200 powerheads. They work but they're an eyesore and the intakes are like 2 inches long. I've been moving them pretty much daily away from my wandering nem.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this forum and told me to keep the anemone and see how it does. It's been a couple of weeks but it definitely came back, and today was the first day it came out from out of the rocks!

Thanks again everyone!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nmertz1;282494 said:
Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this forum and told me to keep the anemone and see how it does. It's been a couple of weeks but it definitely came back, and today was the first day it came out from out of the rocks! Thanks again everyone!
soo glad to see this!!!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nmertz1;282494 said:
Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this forum and told me to keep the anemone and see how it does. It's been a couple of weeks but it definitely came back, and today was the first day it came out from out of the rocks!

Thanks again everyone!

Awesome glad you listen!!:)