Help with LTA?

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wont pretend to be a nem expert but honestly im not really seeing anything too strange here. Can you be more specfic as to what you mean by acting strange?

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
It has (until now) always looked the same. Just mostly flat, with tentacles extended. This changing shape, extending it's foot column up, pulling the tentacles down like an inverted bowl - is all new activity. I was concerned that something might be wrong with it, but other than these things it looks fine.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Is that a Clarkii?? How bad does he beat that nem up?? Id start there! If its not closing up for long periods of time I wouldnt be to over concerned. The extending of the foot could be it just reaching for a bit more light, It may have just decided it wanted to be a bit closer. The tenticles is very easily explained, its found a spot where it can feed from the column. I wouldnt be concerned at all unless it starts losing color, staying closed up.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes it's a Clarkii. Been together since they were both small. The clown is pretty gentle with the Nem. Keeps it clean, feeds it but not hard on it at all.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
What kind fo lights do you run?

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Right now I have a 40W LED directly over the Nem. It has been that way for awhile. I do have a 30" T-5 (not HO) fixture I can put on the tank to see if it's a lighting issue. I'll do that and see if it stops the activity.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
If its LED that rules outmy thought. I was thinking if you were running T5 or MH maybe the bulbs were getting old and you were losing PAR at the bottom of the tank causing the nem to act wierd. But I dont think LEDs lose their PAR over time like MH and T5, could be wrong though