Help!

I've had my RBTA for a few years now I think, and it has always been very happy. Even today, it was looking better than ever. But now, it looks like its on its death bed! It's mouth has gotten huge and whiteish. It looks kind of like a dying soft coral. Its tentacles have gotten really small and flat. All my other critters are fine and all of the chemicals seem to be fine as well. My clownfish have laid eggs by it for the first time, but they did that last weak and so I don't think this is the problem. Any ideas of what could be happening? It looks like it spit something back up through its mouth. The fish were feasting on something from it, I think it was part of some fish I fed it. Could it just have an upset stomach? What can I do?

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Should be fine, I'm more surprised you've had this nem that long, and never seen this look. just looks like its pooping

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
Youd be suprised but it usually means its letting out waste or pooping lol it looks healthy otherwise. wait til tomorrow and check

Well I've seen it poop before, but this time the center looks like it is wasting away... It's white and open and sickly looking. However, it does seem like it might be getting a little better... we'll see

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You may just have two in the am... I had a clients that did the same thing and next morning they had two nems. LOL

Skrappy

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would also just let it be, mix up some salt for a waterchange just in case it dies if you are real worried about it, but don't pull it just because you think its dieing, you will know for sure when it has died.

It is looking a lot better. It didn't spit, but it is open again. Its mouth stills seems a bit larger and more bubbly (for lack of a better term), or clear than usual. I think it might have ingested something yucky... thus explaining the "throwing up". I think it will be fine. It was just odd since it went downhill so quickly and took a while to recover.