Hi guys.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
My name is Scott and mover here to Denver in 2012 after I retired from the Navy. I have started a new tank with my new wife 55 gallon, when I was in Virginia Beach I had few 75 gallon tanks for many years. I am looking forward to meeting many of you and sharing our experiences. Let me know if you have any questions.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: we look forward to hearing about your tanks and thank you for your service

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I have not only thing in the new tank is about 80 pounds of rock and 50 pounds of sand.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
We are monitoring our cycle right now it seems to have already completed but I am not convinced yet. First time I have ever used all rock and sand out of an already established tank.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;351824 said:
We are monitoring our cycle right now it seems to have already completed but I am not convinced yet. First time I have ever used all rock and sand out of an already established tank.
Sounds good look foreword to seeing some pics!!

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Being new to this hobby in Denver where is a good place to go once my cycle is done for LFS. I live in Fort Lupton and willing to drive. Any help you can give would be great, I would rather put my money into a local store when possible rather than a large chain.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;351828 said:
Being new to this hobby in Denver where is a good place to go once my cycle is done for LFS. I live in Fort Lupton and willing to drive. Any help you can give would be great, I would rather put my money into a local store when possible rather than a large chain.
My personal favorite is Aquatic Art. Certainly worth checking out. We have a ton of other great sponsors that I would also recommend checking out.

Here is a link to a map of the local stores:
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?21655-LFS-map-list

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
OK so today's check of the cycle is as follows;

Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: .50
Nitrates: 20
Nitrites: 0
ALK: 300

I wonder if I should just start a tank thread....

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;351834 said:
OK so today's check of the cycle is as follows;

Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: .50
Nitrates: 20
Nitrites: 0
ALK: 300

I wonder if I should just start a tank thread....
Starting a specific thread is a good idea. People tend to look at headlines. It's easy to miss a tank question in a introduction thread.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
+1 for Aquatic art

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Glad you found us and decided to join. Let all know if we can help with anything along the way as we would be glad to help if we can.