hope if you own Tunze's you dont like flow!

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
Mike, Tunze, the greatest company in the world, said the test result were good. If tuzne said the world was flat, I would believe it. they are that great and can do no wrong. That is all the proof I need :)

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
the tests are solid. Used to test submarines. and the fact that they are changing their pumps based on this is proof of the test's credibility.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I understand the difference between scientific fact and theory. I am not questioning that this is the first (published) study of its kind. I guess I am just confident in the equipment they are using and the method with which the experiment was performed. I don't know of any other test that would be performed to contradict the results. Especially by Tunze, they either used bad math or they used a bag for F$%&$ sake, but either way. If I owned one of those pumps, I don't want a fix, I want my money so I can go buy a Vortech. But, as Mike eluded, I already use Eco Tech!

I would guess you are correct about Sanjay continuing to experiment with this. That's what he does. That's why he is as respected as he is.

Funny that they were the most inefficient per watt as well. I would be very interested to see if there was a difference had the tests been performed on 220v/50hz that is used in Europe.

I have a solution though...Just mold an eductor to front of the Tunze. ;)

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
spstimie;103757 said:
I have a solution though...Just mold an eductor to front of the Tunze. ;)
lol

Ok, I think I played out my part as devils advocate here. I think no matter how you look at this study, it's a good thing for us all. The least that can come from it is hobbyists looking at all their products in a different light. No more taking the boxes word for it for most of us I'm sure.

I still think that there's some more work to be done in the pursuit of more knowledge about flow, but when it comes down to it I've got a Vortech running right across the room from me and wouldn't change that for anything. I think Vortech loyalists deserve such much needed celebratory gloating in this case, and I'm sure Tunze will get things taken care of and keep their loyalists. For those who are genuinely mad about their Tunze not stacking up, I'm sure Vortech will be happy to have your business :)

See you all next argument...

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great thread, I think it all boils down to the lack of ethics and credibility tunze' has displayed. "makes one wonder what other equipment is off?"