Host ideas

Hello all,

I have a break from class which has given me time to give the tank some attention. I want to add a host for my clowns to the mini mixed reef. I am thinking frogspawn or hammer but need to deviate from the greens and purples. Here is a pic from the phone, not very good to see whats all in there but good enough to see green is the #1 coral color and purple is all over the rocks. I also have a lot of orange/pink. Would a blue hammer look good with blue atinics at night or even show up at all? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

View attachment 17104

Elite had some torches last time I was in there but I couldn't say color.

I just saw that one in MBC's thread lol. Green center. That's one thing i would not have known might host.

Anyone have a golden Aussie torch (golden yellow with blue tips) that has been aqua cultured? I will just wait for this one, and propagated is a big deal to me, I would say even more than the exact color. I would still like to hear more suggestions thou!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
In my experience I haven't been able to get anything other than a Nem to host clowns. I've tried frogspawn and torch with no success. I have seen my male clown play around in some palys every now and then when the female won't let him in the Nem at night. Similar to being sent to sleep on the couch when your wife is mad I guess lol.

Nice! My clowns try to host anything with tendrils, tentacles or anything resembling the sort. The Female has killed a gonipora frag and a really nice coral I had that had tiny tentacles and split a decent sized anemone. She really rubs her belly on it, being used to a giant nem but has calmed down a bit knowing her little nem wont open unless shes gentle. Theres times when she has debris all over her face from rubbing into something, I think last night she was trying to host some purple macro algae.....

I went with a frog spawn that had an awesome blue/purple tip to it. If it does well I am thinking about adding some toxic hammer to go with it. Just sad that I need 6" of room around it for sweepers.