How do I move my anemone?

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
So how can I get one of my anemones out o the tank without damaging it? Removing the rock that it is currently on is not an option. I've tried directing the pump directly at it to get it to move to a different spot for a few days and nothing, it just wouldn't open all the way. It's been in the same spot for a couple of weeks now and I can't see it foot at all, it's planted all the way inside the rock formation. I promised a member here that I would trade it and feel terrible that its taking me forever to have it ready. Any suggestions?

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe put an ice cube in the hole where the foot is. The key thing, which it sounds like you're doing, is to make it as uncomfortable as possible.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
If you cant get to the foot, you may not be able to move it without the rock.
If you can get to the foot with your fingers, you very gently slide your fingers under the foot and gently get it to release.
Icecubes around the foot can also work as Cindy has stated. Get one around the foot and it should shrink its foot away from the cube, then use your fingers to get it the rest of the way.
About only other way, I can think of, if that doesnt work, is to cut the rock carefully around the foot

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can try cutting a piece of airline tubing so that there is a bevel on the end...then sliding it into the rock next to the foot. Turn on an air pump and let it sit there for a while...it should annoy the nem enough that the foot starts to release if you can get the tubing all the way down to where it is attached to the rock. It's better to try to slide the tubing under the foot itself, but if you can't see it then it may not be possible until it actually starts to release.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;322623 said:
You can try cutting a piece of airline tubing so that there is a bevel on the end...then sliding it into the rock next to the foot. Turn on an air pump and let it sit there for a while...it should annoy the nem enough that the foot starts to release if you can get the tubing all the way down to where it is attached to the rock. It's better to try to slide the tubing under the foot itself, but if you can't see it then it may not be possible until it actually starts to release.

Thats a cool idea. Never heard that one before.

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Some good suggestions here for sure. I will try some tonight when i get home. Thanks for the input everyone!