How does your nem eat?

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have 2 Nems (thanks to Saltysamurai!! ) and since I have put them in the tank, my clowns have had a nonstop enjoyment going back and forth with the Nems. Anywho... I switch up what I feed my tank and one of my products I feed is "Ocean Nutrition Formula Two". Now usually I thaw for a few and then toss it and let them pick at it. But since I got the Nems, my clowns suck down a whole cube to each nem. My thoughts are, all you with anemones out there, do you feed them or not? If yes why? If no why? Just thought I'd get a recent thought on whether we're feeding Nems or letting them feed themselves.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
i feed the nems at the shop thawed silversides once or twice a week....they seem to love em...

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't feed the BTAs at all, unless some food ends up in there by accident. They split about every 6-8 weeks. They just eat the rays from the HQI.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I haven't feed mine in over a year. My rbta haven't split since I got them. I just started feeding silver sides last week from pets mart. 10 bucks for a package

KCCO

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I feed mine shrimp or pieces of silversides every so often. The key in my tank is to feed the rest of the tank first, THEN the nem. Otherwise, my cleaner shrimp will steal it from the nem.
If I don't feed, the nem starts moving around the tank. If I feed, it stays put and grows faster.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The problem with feeding anemones is their metabolism becomes dependent on it and will require constant feedings to keep them happy. Because of this I do not feed my anemones.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
My clowns feed mine, everytime i feed the fish the clowns always make sure to give a little bit to the nems.