How to get rid of Spaghetti worms?

I understand that many people may feel spaghetti worms are beneficial as detritus cleaners in the sand bed. My problem is they have multiplied far too much and when I set a frag on the sand bed, they "clean" throughout the coral causing the coral to close and not eat. So I stopped putting corals on the sand bed, but now the worms have gotten onto the rocks too and I have multiple corals suffering as a result of not being aloud to eat. I have heard 6 line wrasse can eat them but that is hit or miss (and I feed my tank pretty well so the wrasse probably wouldn't fulfill it's purpose). Any suggestions besides a total kill of the rock and sand bed?

Certain types of wrasses - like the lil fourline dude (peaceful fish despite it being related to a sixline), yellow coris, pastel green coris, .... my potters wrasse is AWESOME at eatting bugs/pests!!!! Melanarus wrasses also love spagetti worms :) At least mine does... If one is in the sand I would pull it out and let it float down, my male melanarus would darn near eat it our of my hand before i let it go! haha

Well guys, I thank you much for all the advice. I have a Mandarin as well as a yellow coris but either because my tank is so well fed and has so many pods, or because my fish don't have the developed taste for spaghetti worms, they just don't touch em. For that reason I'm not risking the purchase of fish I don't want if they might end up not doing the job I buy them for. I have however always wanted an arrow crab and a sally light foot. I have 2 additional tanks set up, one of which is just for aggressors (such as the sally light foot when it gets bigger). That being said, I have placed an order for these two crabs and look forward to seeing it their reputation is legit. Thanks again for all the input everyone.

katyttt

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cut down on the food and they will control themselves,

In the ocean if you throw food in the water something will eat it, the same for your tank at home, unfortunately most of the things that grow to eat the extra food are not desirable.
just my humble opinion of course.

thanks for the advice on less feeding. I used to do that a couple years back. But decided over feeding was needed for a few reasons. I understand the advice though and agree there are many benefits. thanks again guys.