Hurrafreaks 120

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What are the dimensions? The sump
that came with my 120 is 42x18x18. Would probably have to go through the top though, as that's how we had to get it out of Jeff's stand.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
What about using a two part sump hooked together with bulkheads like under the 210?

If u need help redoing the tank let me know I'll help ya.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyway to temporarily remove the center brace on the stand to get the sump in? I know it wouldn't help much if you needed to remove it, but maybe an option.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't wait for pics. What dimensions are the 120 you have?

Drew

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Same size I have. Looking forward to the rest of the build.

Drew

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking good. What return pump and sump are you using?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool, thanks. I think I might have to try the Mag24 as my return to start with and keep the costs down. Going to pick up a 50 breeder sump from Dillon. Maybe if I can get all the support equipment done, I can get it cycling in a couple weeks. Still have to bleach and acid the rocks though.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I want to kill the rock. Don't want to deal with all the pests as it's all from other peoples tanks. Not sure the wife would appreciate the smell if I left them to bake in the sun for a couple days. Of course she probably won't appreciate the muratic acid smell either. Hmm.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Not trying to hijack the thread, but this brings up a related point. With all of Don's old (dry) LR, I was just planning on scrubbing and powerwashing the crap out of it. Is that adequate with dead rock, or should I look into harsher (chemical) methods like you're doing?

Still reading all the pertinant threads on RC, TRT, etc. there's a ton...

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would just leave it in the sun for a few days. Like chad said I wouldn't use chemicals on my rocks either. Especially bleach.