I broke some rules yesterday

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Took a couple frags up to Chad at D&G yesterday, and they had a 3" Acanthurus Lineatus (clown tang), dont see them in that small very often.
I am a bad boy.

Rule break #1- I dont like to get fish that have been wild caught.
(Rationalized) With tangs- the smaller they are, the better their chances would be in captivity, right?

Rule break #2- It wouldn't eat.
(Rationalized) My tank would provide a more stable environment, and good diet, places to hide, etc......

Rule break #3- I already have a full grown tang.
(Rationalized) Its just a Tomini, they aren't mean.

Rule break #4- I saw him flashing in the QT in the store
(Rationalized) I have a cleaner shrimp, and some garlic.

Lol, its funny how many obviously bad decisions can be made to seem quite ok, in fact a good move. (with just a little rationalizing)
He is grazing on the rockwork and hanging in the flow, the Tomini chases him a bit, and I did see one flash last night, but not since. He is also warming up to the cleaner shrimp nicely.
I got a GREAT DEAL on this fish!!!! THANK YOU D&G!!!
Pics to come.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe its not a quarantine, they would have to answer that, but thats what I would call the row of connected cubes that keep fish seperated.
You, and many of the stores have similar setups, I guess the QT term might be only be applicable to truly isolated holding tanks?

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
wicked demon;74267 said:
Maybe its not a quarantine, they would have to answer that, but thats what I would call the row of connected cubes that keep fish seperated.
You, and many of the stores have similar setups, I guess the QT term might be only be applicable to truly isolated holding tanks?
ya mine are holding tanks not QT

Oh man I badly want a clown tang but everything I've read about them says that they go nuts after a while. Sohals's used to be my dream fish but the clown has taken that spot.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
lol i was talking about the skull in the last picture. Now that you mention it i think i see a skunk in there too!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think rockys pride needs to lay off the skunk before he ends up in his aquarium! :)

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
can i eat that? oh ok it goes in the tank...... for the fish? Yes. Have you ever tried it..... if not i would be willing! lol