1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Icecap Quick Salinity/Temperature Digital pocket testers in stock!

Discussion in 'Emerald Reef Supply' started by Legonch, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Legonch

Legonch Emerald Reef Supply M.A.S.C Club Member Featured Sponsor

I just got a few of these pocket testers today. These things are awesome!!!!

[​IMG]

$75 dollars a piece!! Or spend $150 plus on corals, fish, etc, and get one for $65!!

Limited quantities available.

2. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Pm sent

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Legonch

nothing here bud

4. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

How well do these work? I've never seen anything like them before...

5. Legonch

They work great! Dip them in, press a button, and voila, temp and salinity! Love mine!

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.
  6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Do they require calibration and if so how often do they need recalibrated?

7. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I found a thread on R2R that said they didn't need calibration at all. Something about powering it on and off zeros the unit. The very last comment on the 5 page thread makes mention of some crazy button sequence...

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/icecap-digital-pocket-tester-review.364501/

It seems like the overall consensus is positive!

8. Legonch

So buy one! =)

9. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Hmm very tempting. Do you know what the temp is accurate to +-?

Legonch likes this.
  10. TheRealChrisBrown

According to that R2R review the stated temp accuracy was +/- 1.5 degrees. And his personal tests on 3 tanks yielded a .0001 SG difference between his calibrated Milwaukee checker and the Ice Cap.

Legonch likes this.
  11. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Hmm. The thermoworks thermometer I was looking at is only about half that. Good to know the salinity sounds spot on. That’s probably much more important.

12. Legonch

Bump, still have one for sale, last one!