ID for these would be awesome....

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Two of these are hitchhikers in the tank but both are colorful at night and have grown slowly...the 3rd on purple rock was a $5 frag Kip picked up. Have found similar things to the second pic online, but the first and 3rd I have no clue about:

IMG_0761.jpg (320.2 KB) IMG_0764.JPG (845.2 KB)IMG_0762.JPG (690.2 KB)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well first one, looks kind of like a sponge but hard tell. the second looks like a cabbage coral (Sinularia brassica) of some type, third is a mushroom Actinodiscus sp, hard to tell its colors though but maybe a purple or red

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;316119 said:
Well first one, looks kind of like a sponge but hard tell. the second looks like a cabbage coral (Sinularia brassica) of some type, third is a mushroom Actinodiscus sp, hard to tell its colors though but maybe a purple or red
The first one has a mouth so I did not get a good shot and has small green glowing polyp-type edge at night. Third one is translucent and glows orange at night so mushroom makes sense....

Thanks!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Hmm curious what the first one is then. can you get any better shots? Did this come in as a hitchhiker?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the same thing as the first shot in my tank. Slow growing, small sweeper tentacles, doesn't bother anything. Im pretty sure its something similar to an acan, but never found out for sure.

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;316124 said:
Hmm curious what the first one is then. can you get any better shots? Did this come in as a hitchhiker?
I am going to see if Kip can get a better shot with camera since I just used my iphone.

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;316125 said:
I have the same thing as the first shot in my tank. Slow growing, small sweeper tentacles, doesn't bother anything. Im pretty sure its something similar to an acan, but never found out for sure.
Well, glad we are not the only ones with this wild thing - looks like it will be fun to find out how it looks when it gets larger.