ID Help

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't know, but it looks nasty. Does it have green bubble algae IN it? There certainly is some below and I wonder if you can get your hands on an Emerald crab to get rid of that problem. It is has bubble algae in it, I would give it the boot to carefully eliminate some of that w/o popping. Someone who knows more is probably at MACNA but I am sure they will be on here at some point.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 That is definately bryopsis algae. The only thing that eats that over other types of algae are lettuce nudibranches. Just manually remove as much as possible whenever you do a water change. If the tufts are small enough snails will sometimes remove what you cant by hand.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yup tech m you need what's in it not just the mag to kill it. 1600 or a little higher if I remember correctly and hold it for a while. There are several threads about it. Good luck

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;324548 said:
Tech m.... Raise mag up to high levels.... Hopefully xjmav will pitch on on this..... Or mav I guess it is
The mag trick does work, but the more byropsis you have, the higher levels you need to kill it. Manual removal first and then increase mag over the course of a couple weeks to 1600 if you see it start to grow back after manual removal. No sense in fluctuating parameters if it goes away naturally.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dose mag 2× a day morning and night. Basically raise mag by 100 ppm a day (50 am 50pm) Only use tech m and get a big bottle. Of it. Bump up to around 1800 ppm is what I did if I remember. You can look at my thread on here. Held it for a week to 2 weeks. If you have any sticks, put them in qt during that time, I lost all my sps and LPS due to bumping it up.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If your tank is larger enough, a magnificent foxface will usually eat it once all of the other algae is gone. Turbo snails will also get to it if you have nothing else to eat.

You can probably get most of that out by pulling it off and then covering the rest with a dusting of kalk.