Anyone interested in a salt group buy?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
After the new year, I will be once again focused on my big tank, and one of the things I need to get the cycle done, once I finish leak test, will be salt. I am going to need like 10 cases of salt, so wondering if any others would be interested in doing a group buy, likely Fritz RPM salt? Fritz is normally $45 a box, so hopefully with group buy it would likely be around 38-$40 a box, but would need to set it up to find out the final price.

If there is enough interest I will arrange it with one of our sponsors when I get back from holiday travels.
Need around 40 boxes for a pallet and we would likely need to have enough for a whole thing, or close to it, so let me know if you would be interested and how many case(s) you think you will want, just so we can get a quick estimate.

- Angel - 10 boxes
- Rig - 10
- SeaMonkey
- Lemke -1
- Juan -1
- Ballz

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I’d like to respectfully dispute your claim that water will be flowing in your big tank within the next year. :)
Haha, my wife might agree with you, but there will be water in it soon :) Time to make it happen. Bathroom remodel will be done this weekend, so it is game on for finishing up the tank and getting it wet, right after I get back from Japan

flagg37

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’ve done fritz in the past and had it drop about 2 dkh after 24 hours. Their rep then said I should use a buffer when I mix it. Which is doable but who wants to add more to their salt mix. It should just work like it’s supposed to.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I’ve done fritz in the past and had it drop about 2 dkh after 24 hours. Their rep then said I should use a buffer when I mix it. Which is doable but who wants to add more to their salt mix. It should just work like it’s supposed to.
I had that issue with Kent, but never had an issue with Fritz. Its always been very consistent for me and no need to buffer it

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Gonna try and get this setup this weekend if I can. Will keep you posted

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
That will help.
Didnt manage to make it out to any of our sponsors last weekend, so going to try today if work isnt to busy, otherwise Ill try later this weekend again. Will keep you posted.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Murrman's is looking into it, and will let us know the price as soon as he hears back. Will make another post once its confirmed

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I was just wondering about this too, Ill ping Jack and see if he heard back from Fritz yet