1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

inTank Media basket

Discussion in 'Newbies Corner' started by drod303, Mar 18, 2018.

1. drod303

drod303 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Just ordered an inTank media basket for my evo just looking for recommendation on what media to use in it.

Thank you!

2. neil82

neil82 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm not quite sure what these look like and what size media you can run in there. But maybe carbon to polish the water? Or GFO if you need to deal with phosphates? Nice to have on hand if the need arrises.

3. drod303

4. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

On my nuvo tank with a media basket like this I keep filter pads in the top and bags of carbon/gfo and chemi pure in the other chambers. I use a pretty fine filter pad on top and try to change it pretty often.

drod303 likes this.
  5. drod303

Thank you appreciate the information.