Introduction

I've been a fly on the wall for the most part here at MASC/SCMAS since 2009. I was in the hobby for 5 years growing up and got out when I started commercial fishing / yacht deliveries / working as a boat engineer. In 2008 I met my wife ( just got married on 9/2/2012) and moved to Colorado from Miami. Finally in the past six weeks I have set up a 220 peninsula which I hope will be a classic mixed reef. I finally finished cycling and can't wait to add some livestock. I am friends with SteveT through my wife's best friend and thank you to everyone here at MASC/SCMAS! I have been living vicariously through you all the past 3 years! - Troy Miller

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad you decided to come out of hiding. Haha.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Welcome Troy! I'm a long-time lurker recently active member as well. Are you afraid you'll miss Miami and the proximity of the ocean/diving/boating/etc.? When I graduate in a few years, South Florida is near the top of my list of places to move for grad school.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Welcome to the addiction Troy! You sure picked one heck of a starter coral (agaves) :)

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. Can't wait to see pics.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome Troy, Can't wait to see pics of the tank. We wanted to put up a smaller peninsula/island tank as a room divider on our first floor but will be holding off until we add central air. Where are you located?

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to MASC and Colorado! And CONGRATULATIONS on getting married!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I'm up in Boulder ( my wife and I were a to buy a single bedroom condo). Wow , wife...... still a little weird saying that. Truthfully ghosty , I do miss Miami/Florida a lot. It was a fisherman's paradise plus diving and snorkeling. Miami was fun (I lived just across from key biscayne) , Sanibel and captiva were beautiful on the West coast. When it comes to water the place I truly miss is my home state of Maine. I loved being out on the gulf of Maine and if there was anyway I could figure out how to start a cold water invert business there I would. The reason why I'm her is my wife. She is from Boulder but she would be miserable in Maine in the winter. We have winters here but its different in New England (except for some of the mountain towns probably)

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Not surprising, I could imagine Maine winters being a tad rough, lol. Boulder was my hometown as well. The winters have been pretty mild for a long time in Colorado. No one ever misses those crazy blizzards which are rare nowadays, maybe once or twice a year at most.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea thats a ****ty algae prob. I like the openess and overall layout of the rock though! I have never delt with algae like that but if u ask around here im sure some one has a cure!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2