is Cornbred's stuff really that incredible? or is it just lights?

FlyrodTodd

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone follow Cornbred on ebay? His stuff always looks out of this world (almost too good), but he's got great ratings. Is it all lighting/photography? Is there different "color quality" levels in the same type of coral??

I did an experiment.....I googled the types of coral he's selling to see what it looked like "normally"....then Cornbred's

War and Peach Favia
View attachment 20418 View attachment 20420

Rainbow Crush Chalice
View attachment 20421 View attachment 20422

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I havent bought anything from him myself but everything I have heard about his stuff is all good. I know that Chad has some stuff from him and a few other may have some as well

I know Rich and I have bought directly from him. His frags are incredibly small but he does a great job marketing everything. Lights are always going to change corals no matter what. None of his pieces are cheap; everything is pricey. But at the end of the day, his stuff is incredibly unique and I have never been disappointed with anything I purchased. He will work with cost on package deals.

Rumen

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
From my experience the frag I get the color is far from the same from the picture I seen.... I don't know if the color change from shipping or not but I did order twice from him and the the out come was the same. ...

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
He is far from the worst about doctoring photos, IMO. The ones on the left look too washed out. Reality is typically somewhere in the middle. I do have some of his Z&Ps and they are nice and I would get some more.

FlyrodTodd

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. So is there "A" grade and "C" grade of the same coral or are they pretty much the same? I lowered my intensity of my lights and my Miami Hurricane went from a purple with grey dull eyes to a really cool teal/blue with neon green/yellow/red eyes within a matter of weeks.