Is this nudibranch reef safe?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Found this little guy cruising the rock work and am wondering if it is reef safe. His colors are amazing under the LEDs
. View attachment 18877

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
He was cruising near my zoas. I will be on the look out for any more. I haven't noticed any damage to anything yet. I did add some corals yesterday and even dipped. Guess the dip wasn't a high enough dose.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, if anyone collects nudibranchs it's up for grabs. I have it in a pee cup floating in my tank right now.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Burn it!!! Glad you caught it but now you need to check your zoas for eggs and hope no more pop up. Good luck.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep zoa eating nudi if there's one there's more! A dip won't kill th eggs so be ready for some work, best time to look is after lights are out! Good luck only thing worse is Monti eating nudis!

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks I will dispose of the body. I inspected last night after lights were out and did not see any more. I will continue to check nightly. Hopefully it was only in for a short while. I had just added 5 new frags on Wednesday but no new zoas. Zoas. I haven't added for over a month and I dip everything. Guessing an egg was on something that made it into the tank. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
wrasses are your best hope in this. Best way to locate them is to inspect when only blue lights are on. My zoas tend to close up at night, and the nudis absorb the color of the zoas they're eating, so they glow nice and bright under the blues, while the zoas are closed up and not glowing. When I had these lil (*&(*^*&^ in my tank, I tried dipping for extended periods of time in coral QT, and it did nothing. Bayer killed the adults, but nothing touched the eggs. Eventually I just tossed all of my zoas and started over with new ones after several weeks (so the existing ones would die for lack of food). And I got a 6 line, coris, and sunset wrasse.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Cindy. I will be getting a wrasse when I get my 40breeder up but for the time being, my tank is too small at only 17g. I hope. I don't have to toss all my zoas. That would suck. I will be moving within the next couple of weeks so when I do, I will dip everything, put it back in the 17 g. And when the 40 is cycled and ready, I will dip again and put in the 40 with a wrasse. Hopefully that will be enough. I was thinking I may also put in a yellow striped clingfish.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Will do. Haven't seen any more yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk