• Total voters

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Was a fun meeting. Thanks josh for hosting and the great deals.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK, now that we're done dinking with our new frags, I just wanted to take a moment to say that I'm beyond impressed not just with the informative fragging demo, but with the AMAZING giveaway of the frags! I didn't catch an exact count on them, but Gonzo gave away easily 15-20 awesome frags (of a colony that I actually wanted to buy from him) to anyone that wanted them. It was unexpected, to say the least!

WOW!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
FinsUp!;290433 said:
OK, now that we're done dinking with our new frags, I just wanted to take a moment to say that I'm beyond impressed not just with the informative fragging demo, but with the AMAZING giveaway of the frags! I didn't catch an exact count on them, but Gonzo gave away easily 15-20 awesome frags (of a colony that I actually wanted to buy from him) to anyone that wanted them. It was unexpected, to say the least!

WOW!!
Indeed, was very unexpected and super awesome! Look forward to seeing that beauty grow out in the tank. Thanks Gonzo

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you everyone that was able to make it!

I wanted to touch on a few key points.

The white elephant:

Thank you everyone that played! I thought that it was fun to see what people brought and there where some great frags handed out!
Thank you Josh for letting us do this at your place.

The coral fragging demo:

If you where not able to stay for this one you missed out! This year the BOD thought it would be good to add educational sessions to the meetings. Let me tell everyone Josh knocked this thing out of the park!

Josh was asked to talk about and show a fragging process. He chose to do a large favia colony. He cut it up using a small band saw and he talked about why he worked with blue LEDS while he fragged.
Then after he fragged the favia he gave out frags to those who wanted 1. Giving out the frags was a absolute awesome thing to do! No one had asked him to do this. This was out of pure kindness and I would like to say Thank you!

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Was nice see everyone, to bad I had leave early. Awesome to see things are coming along for josh, everything looks awesome and will only get better!

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Josh, your setup is awesome and the meeting was great. Thanks for answering all of our questions and for doing the demo. Hope we see more like this in the future.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
And that folks is how you host a meeting!!!!!!

Thank you Josh, Candy and kids for opening up your home to us all. We had a great turn out with what I would guess was 35+ people. The demo was awesome and def more than we ever expected to see. The hot corals and deals were running rampant in there so for those that missed out, make sure you make it by there when you can.

Thank you to all who came out, those that participated in the white elephant (20 people I think) and also thank you for those that supported the club with your raffle ticket purchases and macna shirt purchases.

Again thank you Gonzo and Family for hosting a top notch meeting as I expected nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Man, sounds like I missed a hek of a meeting!! Stupid work!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
It was a great meeting. Huge thanks to Candy for keeping tabs on the kids. This is one of the first meetings where they didn't want to leave! The demo was great!

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Candy and I would like to thank everyone that made the trek north for this meeting :)

It is always nice to see everyone in person. Hope everyone liked the direction the coral room is going.
hopefully by summer it is all done.

Hopefully all the frags from the demo are doing well. I chose the gonistreia for its hardiness and adaptability to thrive in most coral tanks.

Again thanks to everyone who came out, see you guys at reefstock :)

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;290743 said:
Candy and I would like to thank everyone that made the trek north for this meeting :)

It is always nice to see everyone in person. Hope everyone liked the direction the coral room is going.
hopefully by summer it is all done.

Hopefully all the frags from the demo are doing well. I chose the gonistreia for its hardiness and adaptability to thrive in most coral tanks.

Again thanks to everyone who came out, see you guys at reefstock :)
Thank you man I wish I could have stayed for the demo though maybe one night I'll bring a bottle up and hang out and talk about it.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad you had a great turn out. Hope to see you soon to get some shi.........stuff!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk