January Meeting - Stone Aquatics Store Invasion!!!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Its time for our first meeting of 2017 folks!

Where: Stone Aquatics - 6950 W Jefferson Ave #200, Lakewood, CO 80235
When: Saturday January 28th
Time: 1pm - 3pm

Its that time again where we invade Stone Aquatics!

Steve and crew officially have their ICP water testing in full operation and they are ready for us to give it a try! He will be doing full test for the insanely cheap price of $10. This price will be for the meeting only, so don't miss out! They will also have the usual huge inventory of livestock and hard goods as well.

We look forward to seeing you all there and I personally can't wait to get my water tested!!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","src":"http:\/\/i1037.photobucket.com\/albums\/a451\/MASCphoto\/Monthly%20meeting%20banners\/Jan-meeting-Stone-Aquatics_zps2sqrhirs.gif"}[/IMG2]

Last edited by a moderator:

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking forward to this! I'll have to head over straight from work. Is it okay for my water sample to sit in a container all morning before being tested? What size water sample do we need?

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
aquarius;n665297 said:
ICP tests for elements only not nitrates, ammonia etcetera so your water will be fine. 8-12ounces of water will be more than enough.
Okay cool. Thanks for the info.

What we need for ICP water testing:
15-20 ml of clean water, no dirty water.
It is pretty simple.

The ICP picks up elements in the water, so all the trace elements you wonder if your corals are using will be tested for and you will know, plus you will be given results of ocean water from several regions around the world to compare your water quality to the ocean.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
When you say clean not dirty water. I'm confused what you consider dirty water. Tank water is what we want to test, you mean just avoid having like a bunch of particulates?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Always good to see everyone, Thanks for hosting Stone Aquatics!

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
How did everyone's water tests turn out? The results of my test showed Ca 636 ppm. I knew it was testing high with my red sea titration test, but had no idea it was that high.

Octopi

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Calcium was the one I was wondering about. I've been doing Triton which shows I am always 50 higher than my Red Sea tests. However, this test is over 100 higher than my Red Sea test.

All the the other ones were about in line with usual results from Triton (although I haven't compared every single one of the minor trace elements yet).

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Where did you get the ocean water results to compare?

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
My ca in two tanks was higher than expected too. One tank was 660 and the other was 500.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;n666218 said:
Where did you get the ocean water results to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I received it in a separate email from Stephen. I can forward to you if you PM me your email.