JBJ 28 led

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice, so where does your 200 stand

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Right now the major work is on hold until we have our wedding in a couple weeks. then its full speed ahead. Right now I am meticulously planning every aspect of the system and building 3D models of everything in sketchup so I can really see how each piece of equipment will fit and how each piece of PVC will be plumbed and fit together. No mistakes (hopefully)

I ended up scrapping my design for the return system and am in the works deciding on which pumps I want to use. As we speak right now I am designing the new stand which I'll post up in a bit.

I have had my jbj 28 for 4 years and have learned alot. If you are interested pm me and I can tell you the changes that I've made to mine. Heat is a major issue but with the right upgrades no chiller Is needed.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
kalgra, cody runs the nicest cubes I have seen, and hes just down the street from you. plus some rare, rare stuff you don't see in anyones tank.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Need frags yet Kris?

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tripple T;102124 said:
Kilgra if u like let's get together. Apparently we live close. U can come check out what I've done with my jbj's
Cool I am down for that let me know what days/times work. I work from home allot and am usualy done working by 4:00 and weekends.

chrislorentz;102175 said:
Need frags yet Kris?
Thanks Chris! Not ready just yet still have to get my parameters right and am feeling out the tempature swings to see if I need to add a chiller or not. I've notice when running the full day light LEDs that the tank does get significantly warmer 3-4 deg. I need a better thermometer to really know but it looks like during the peak hours of the hottest days with the AC set to 74 I'm reaching 80 in the tank which I suppose isnt terible but no room for error. My nighborhood has allot of power outaages as well. I should have something this week to monitor the temp better. I deffinitley let you know when I'm ready for a frag though thanks!!.

LooseHip;102246 said:
Looks good Kris! What lighting is on the tank?
Its the JBJ LED top so what ever they use. Honestly I hadent looked into it yet. Might be trying to get a par meter soon to make sur w its not too intense as theres really no way to adjust the intensity as it is.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Um dont remeber the brand I had an old credit at petsmart I needed to use up so I just bough a small bag of the "live" sand they carry and mixed it with some live sand from Elite and another fellow reefer.