WiFi led input

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I'm looking at getting one of the 165w led lights for my biocube and I'm concerned with the wifi option as I think it will add many extra steps to the simple process of turning on or off a light when I want that split second change. For the folks that have experience with these what are the pros and cons? Can you just leave the wifi on so you don't have to sign in with password every time you want to make a change? Issues with the wifi not working?
Thanks

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run a couple black box units with Wi-Fi control. When I want to make a change with the lighting schedule, I need to go to Wi-Fi settings in my phone and connect to their Wi-Fi network (disconnecting my phone from home Wi-Fi network). This requires entering the password. Then I can open the app and make updates. When I'm done, I connect back to my home Wi-Fi network. I will say the functionality of the app is not super user friendly. It could be much more intuitive. Works fine if you want to set it and forget it though. I like that you can run a ramp up and ramp down program.