Jeep is ready

Orange crush just got a tap, all ready for tomorrow. Any body here work on Jeeps? I need a Ford 8.8 axle w/disc brakes and lockers installed. I have all the parts but I'm too intimidated to try to do it myself.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
That is awesome!

How do you plan to keep it clean? I'm all for my daily dose of mag chloride but...

MuralReef;636225 said:
That is awesome!

How do you plan to keep it clean? I'm all for my daily dose of mag chloride but...

lol,yeah that's the first thing I thought of too when we drove around today. It gets mucked up bad I'll have to keep a rag and some cleaner in the jeep with me.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Maybe some plastic stretch wrap. It'd be easy to cut off once you got to your destination.

JodiI

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
reef dummy;n636228 said:
Next question is what beer do we serve tomorrow? I'm thinking I need to make a trip to drydock.
All of them, obviously.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
reef dummy;636228 said:
Next question is what beer do we serve tomorrow? I'm thinking I need to make a trip to drydock.
Dry Dock usually asks for two day advance notice on keg orders. I guess its not like filling a growler.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
marinediehard;636259 said:
Just a legal thought. Would that be considered driving with an open alcohol container?
I thought about that too, but I believe it would be okay since it is not accessible. You are allowed to have open containers in the trunk area while driving since it is inaccessible. I'm not a lawyer, so don't quote be on that :p

marinediehard;636259 said:
Just a legal thought. Would that be considered driving with an open alcohol container?
Funny you ask, I talked to the guys at drydock and they said not a big deal. They take their trucks out on the road sometimes with taps on them and no big deal.

Nice. What all is done to it? I gotta figure out the rear locker on mine. I went with Eaton E-lockers and the stator in the rear gets dirty it randomly locks. Given my build, it makes for scary road driving. lol