Jeffco Open School - Lakewood - Seeking assitance with Marine tank

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Greetings,

The Jeffco Open School in Lakewood is looking for some help with their salt water tank. Do you live in or near Lakewood and are you willing to donate some time, working with the folks from the Colorado Aquarium Society, to help the school out?

You don't have to be an expert, you just have to be an experienced hobbyist and willing to help. If you are interested in helping the kiddos, please drop me a note. I'll put you in touch with the folks coordinating the effort from CAS. If there are a couple of you from that part of town that want to play, even better.

It's today's youth who will become the members and active participants in the club later on. Who can volunteer some time?

-Rob

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;268534 said:
I like this. Wish I lived close enough.
It's a great idea and is being spearheaded by the Colorado Aquarium Society. Good people over there, but they do the strangest thing.... they seem to forget to put salt in their aquariums. :)

Seriously, there are several members of CAS that keep marine tanks... they just don't have the experience and knowledge that this group has and are reaching out for some help for JCOS. I believe it's a 50g tank, skimmer, T5 and a few other goodies. I think they are after basic fish and softies, which makes perfect sense for 4th and 5th graders.

Who lives in or near Lakewood and would like to help??

-Rob

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
For those wanting to know more about JCOS:

http://www.jeffcoopen.org/

Jefferson County Open School
7655 W. 10th Ave
Lakewood, CO 80214

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Im interested, but time for me is fairly limited, I could literally help out on Sundays or Mondays.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;268565 said:
Im interested, but time for me is fairly limited, I could literally help out on Sundays or Mondays.
That would certainly help.... please send me a PM with your contact info and I'll put you in touch with the right folks. Thanks for offering to help out!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'd love to help it's just to far and my schedule is already too full. You should encourage the teacher to look into the Petco Foundation or Pets in the Classroom grant that is available.

Hi Rob,

Sean and I would love to help out where possible. We are located in Boulder, and could still try to figure out some time availability to help as Sean works in Golden and I am from Lakewood personally. In fact, I remember the days back when i used to go to Dennison Elementary and our school bus would pick up other kids from JeffCo Open. Talk about flash backs...

Also, we would love to donate some of our product when the tank is ready for it.
PM me and lets figure out where Sean and I can be of help.

Best Regards,

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Excellent!! Thanks for the offer of support!

For anyone else that would like to lend a hand, you can contact the Colorado Aquarium Society directly at coloradoaquarium @ hotmail.com

What a great community we have!!

-Rob