1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

jellyfish, anyone know of a local place to buy?

Discussion in 'Inverts and other Marine Animals' started by doctorbmw, May 7, 2016.

1. doctorbmw

doctorbmw Copepod

Hello all, it has been a very long time since I was on here and on the board​.

I have gotten back to saltwater since my life stopped exploding and now I am setting up a jellyfish tank for my wife.
    I should have the new tank in a week and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place locally that has or can get jellyfish at a reasonable price.
    Also any advice on keeping them would be appreciated.
    Thanks all and I am looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones at the meetings.
    here is the sales photo of the tank we are getting.

2. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Welcome back. I don't think I've seen any locally, but maybe call around and see if anyone can order them in. Otherwise, I think there are a few places online that will ship them to you. Many of the jellies they sell for the tanks like that live for 9 - 12 months so you will want to find somewhere to easily get replacements.

3. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Go to Keys Island I know he has some/had some/can get some. They used to have a jelly tank on the counter running before an unfortunate break in :(

Needless to say I know Ki can get them for you

4. projectx

projectx Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

He has had a number of them over the years Def check with him

Zatalo likes this.
  5. aquarius

aquarius Copepod

Neptunes has also had them in the past. They were selling a tank that included 3 jellyfish that you got through the mail after you bought the tank. I think the whole setup was around $500 and they could get you more jellies if you wanted. hth

6. sethsolomon

sethsolomon Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Jellies are going to be a custom order. Pretty much every vender can get them they just have to order them.

7. NanoNexx

NanoNexx Copepod

I don't know if you're still interested, but my buddy Sam at Todd's tropical fish in Aurora, usually gets some cool Blue Blubber Jellyfish in.