Jellyfish tank - a new adventure for us!

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
So, after years of being in this hobby we came across something that we have never done before, Jellyfish! I wanted to see if anyone in the club has had some experience with them in the past. We will be keeping moon jellies, Aurelia aurita or a similar species. Here are some shots of the tank and system, the jellies will get here on Friday and we will be complete.

In its final resting spot:

I will put up some pictures when we get them in place, wish us luck!

I saw those set ups online... Im jealous they are freaking amazing.
Cant wait to see some pics or vids

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Me and the family are headed there tomorrow wish it was already up and running!

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
We will be there filling it up today Travis hopefully we can meet up with you and give you the tour! Not much of a tour but you could see the filter room on the other reef systems if you like.

Gale- It would be perfect for the baby horses! Just a little expensive for those guys. Speaking of, are you raising horses now? If so let me know and I might buy some from you for our seahorse tanks.

I saw those videos as well, made me think that it was possible to actually do it if those guys can so easily. I usually have to turn the sound down on LA fish guys.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
crisc;155229 said:
Gale- It would be perfect for the baby horses! Just a little expensive for those guys. Speaking of, are you raising horses now? If so let me know and I might buy some from you for our seahorse tanks.
QUOTE]

I'm not raising horses yet, but, after Daniel and I build my breeding tank, I'm going to try some.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Last time I was looking at that type of tank, I saw a Jelliquarium that was selling for about $10,000 and it was only about 30 gallons....DOH!

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
A little update on the project. The Jellies arrived this morning UPS overnight, packed well without any water:

We adjusted the flow a little and added them after acclimation. They kind of clumped together for a while and then started to swim around like they are supposed to. Kind of hard to get a picture without reflections but here are a few we took today:

I will update this in a few days, for now we are in good shape. They are at The Wildlife Experience on Lincoln Ave. The art work in the gallery is really nice and I figured that some of the members might be art buffs as well. If so, I recommend going out there and checking out the art, all ocean life and fish themed.

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Took a little video today, it has been a little bit of a learning process but we have it down now. The key really is nutrition, good food and the jellies are happy. I am hoping to get another one going soon.

[video=youtube_share;CYAsNAhrMgI]http://youtu.be/CYAsNAhrMgI[/video]

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very cool my wife just asked me about this tank!