Just for fun.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
looks great! is that a monti digi and monti cap growing around each other in the first pic without fighting?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thanks everyone! I love the sticks too. Definitely a journey.

Jahmic, The digi is loosing the battle to the the undata! I am fragging it all the time to try to slow the process down.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;212221 said:
Thanks everyone! I love the sticks too. Definitely a journey.

Jahmic, The digi is loosing the battle to the the undata! I am fragging it all the time to try to slow the process down.
Thanks for the heads up! I have an undata, a cap, and a digi in my tank and had been wondering how they'd do placed close to each other.

That's a great looking undata you have there...definitely one of my favorites.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Those sticks are looking pretty good, wish I could get mine to branch more like that, mine grow in real tight clusters.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ReefCheif;212254 said:
Those sticks are looking pretty good, wish I could get mine to branch more like that, mine grow in real tight clusters.
Thanks man, funny... I was wishing they'd grow a bit more tight

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think we need to hear how you grow these!! Tank params., equipment, Alk and calcium replenishment... I'm jealous!!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Blazinjack;212279 said:
I think we need to hear how you grow these!! Tank params., equipment, Alk and calcium replenishment... I'm jealous!!
Thanks man! Most of what I do is trial and error, a lot of error. Here goes, please chime in if I could do something better. The pics do make the colors pop a bit more than they do in person.

Tank: standard 120 about 1 year old, corals more like 3 years from other systems, 2 to 3" sand bed

Light: Tek elite 6 x 54 watt and reefbrite who blue, reefbrite 12 hours, 2 actinics 9 hours and the other 4 bulbs are aqua blue and blue plus

Fuge: 40 breeder with a deep sand bed, cheato, mag 12 return, asm g3 skimmer (love it), and a next reef shortie reactor. I run bulk reef carbon and gfo (about 1/2 recommended amount, and change every 6 to 8 weeks)

Circulation: 1 mp40 on reef crest about 80%

Dosing: 2 brs dosers and 2 part. about 120 ml or calcium and alk per day and I slowly dump 1 gallon of kalkwasser every morning (mostly lol) Calcium 380 or so and alk is at about 8 dkh when I am lucky.

Water change: 5 gallons every sat after stirring everything up really good. I use salinity but I don't think it matters much.

That's It... that and a lot of looking at the tank, feeding the fish, ****es the wife off. lol