Just Getting Started in Erie

I've been talking about it for a while now and my wife finally gave me the go ahead to pull the trigger. So, here goes. I went with the Red Sea E-260 and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. So far, I've received my dry live rock, substrate, and some odds and ends. Should be starting my cycle and next weekend if everything goes according to plan.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks like a good start. You should start a build thread ;)

neil82;n668747 said:
What kind of lights are you going with?
It comes with a pair of Red Sea Hydra 26 HD LED's. So, I'll start running those after it cycles. Pretty neat according to what I've read about them. They hook into your WiFi and have various programs that can be run from your smart phone. They also have a manual program that allows you to customize color channels yourself if you like. I'll post about my experience with them once I get them going in my Tank Build thread.

I like the 1st stack with larger rock also - curious about lights + wifi enablement, I've always steered away from IoT 'convenience' - once the tank is setup, I'm not confident that adequate security is in place to ensure no-one can hack some kind of web portal and mess with your tank.

Is the light system only controllable from the local wifi, or do you have a portal/cloud location to login + change settings?

greghl;668839 said:
I like the 1st stack with larger rock also - curious about lights + wifi enablement, I've always steered away from IoT 'convenience' - once the tank is setup, I'm not confident that adequate security is in place to ensure no-one can hack some kind of web portal and mess with your tank.

Is the light system only controllable from the local wifi, or do you have a portal/cloud location to login + change settings?
As best I can tell, you have to be on the local Wi-Fi. I tried turning my phone's Wi-Fi off and accessing the light settings in the app, and was unable to do so.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk