Just moved to Springs from S.D.

I just got into Colorado Springs last night. We moved here from San Diego, Ca., getting out of the military. Looking forward to checking out the stores here. I had a 180 reef set up in S.D. and plan on setting it back up once my stuff gets here. I had to break it down and sell off most of my livestock. Any advice on what stores are good and where to get water would be great. For now I will be setting up my 25 gal frag tank since I have a few things in the mail.

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to Colorado and the forum. Great to have you and thanks for your service if theres anything I can help with give a shout. Quite a few great stores around which surprised me coming from Florida as there is no ocean nearby here lol. I think Ive found higher quality stores here definitely larger than I did back home. Great people on this forum also you'll love it here!

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh if you don't mind the trip to Aurora, or maybe by the time your stuff gets here we will have our next meeting I have some xenia, green toadstool, kenya tree, and finger leather frags for DBTC if your interested. Nice rock scape btw :stoked:,

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: For vendors down there, the best are Coral expressions and Reef koi, but the best stores are going to be up here in the denver area. Must see stores are Aquatic art, Elite, and Aquamart
For water I would invest in an rodi system, will save you alot of headache, time and money

Definitely plan on going to Denver to check out the stores too. I plan on ordering a rodi system too, I'm going to need a lot of water for the 180 so that's in the works. Anyone have any recommendations on a rodi system? I plan on just getting a 5 stage from BRS with the water saver added.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Welcome to CO. I'm fairly new to the state as well. I've been surprised by how genuinely nice the people are in this state. I've lived in O.C. North of you, on the east coast, pacific north-west and in the Midwest. If I could move the Puget Sound and drop it down just east of Denver, I'd be in heaven. (ocean and mountains in spitting distance)

Good luck settling in.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
(No offense to Native Co residents with me being surprised by pleasant people. I've just had to live around less pleasant people for so long that I forget what it's like). :)