Aquarium Downsizing 75g to 20-30g

Sour137

Cleaner Shrimp
So in about 9 month I'm going to be relocating to an apartment, and will almost certainly need to downsize my aquarium to conform to apartment policies regarding aquariums. I can't find a cohesive policy online for this place but I expect it to be in the 20-30 gallon range, as that is what I have experienced previously when I lived in Fort Collins. So what are some things to expect when I do eventually do this?

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
personally if I had to downgrade I would just sell it all as a package and start over. Mainly because I care about the fish and wouldn't them downgraded from what they're used to. Then again who knows what the new owner would do. IDK, good luck with that lol

Sour137

Cleaner Shrimp
Well I know I can't keep my anthias. I was really close to buying a tang but then this whole thing came up so that's out the window for now. If I can, I'd love to keep my clarkiis but that isn't looking to good right now, as sites list their bare minimum tank size as 30 gallons, which I feel is probably too small still. I'm optimistic about keeping my Banggais and my firefish, but my sleeper goby is probably out too. From what I've seen on this site, very rarely do things go as a package, am I wrong with this observation? I also have a bunch of corals, would they need to go together as well? I'm sure that I will be offloading some, and since most are DBTC they will go for free, but I haven't narrowed down a list, and I probably wont for a few more months still.

As far as hardware is concerned, I'm determined to hang onto as much as I can and clean it, then store it, so that when I complete my EE degree and get a decent job I can begin again. I want to use my LR and water to give the new tank's cycle the best possible head start, so if I were to sell things it wouldn't be 100%. One of those rocks has a population of GSP that I'm sure a new owner wouldn't be too stoked on.