Lagging site

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Been working on this some more. I removed the "Recent Posts" from the home page to see if that speeds up any. The query is super intense on it.

Also working on server issues. Let me know if you notice any improvement. I also moved any threads with the newest post older than 365 days to a new archive forum to speed up some of the queries as well.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also now when clicking the whats new the threads that I have read are not "dropping" off that page like they used to. Is this due to the changes.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Put back the recent posts I think its a browser issue since on some comps its super slow for me and others I notice nothing

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i thnik its a godaddy problem scmas also has godaddy and most times we are having "slow problems" they are too unless its a live sale issue

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Its back.

I don't think its a browser issue since sometimes it runs really slow, and other times it runs really fast. Tried on multiple browsers and computers and they all have the same issue.

To me it seems like a server issue, whether its due to things needing to be cleaned up, or optomized, or if its just go daddy, I am not sure yet.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not a browser issue. Tried it in chrome IE on an IPad and droid pad. All are slow
I agree they need to optimize it or give us more mem I'm sure they are probably doing the server in VMware which they should be able to see all performance properties and fix it

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nothing seems to make a lasting impact, it always ends up slow again, the only thing we havnt tried is a go daddy upgrade.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Bah nothing wrong with it all you dang kids just don't remember dial up now that was slow. Would make our site on its slowest day look like a speed demon I tell ya

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wicked Demon;156324 said:
Nothing seems to make a lasting impact, it always ends up slow again, the only thing we havnt tried is a go daddy upgrade.
Last night about midnight you couldn't get on at all then in came back on and was back to normal for awhile now lagging a bit.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;156326 said:
Bah nothing wrong with it all you dang kids just don't remember dial up now that was slow. Would make our site on its slowest day look like a speed demon I tell ya
I remember dial-up! rghering sold it to me...small world. I just ask to never go back to not photo intensive internets

Shared hosting or a VPS? If it is shared hosting they were probably running server backups at Midnight. Depending on what type of hosting it is either that or an Apache thread not releasing, rampant MySql query etc.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cyber-Burn;156448 said:
Shared hosting or a VPS? If it is shared hosting they were probably running server backups at Midnight. Depending on what type of hosting it is either that or an Apache thread not releasing, rampant MySql query etc.
All I got out of this was confused

Is the site hosted with godaddy or just the domain? There are much better and cheaper hosting providers than godaddy. LMK