Large RO water storage and mixing options

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got like a 65g bin now that was a cheap cl find. Kinda wondering what would be my cost effective options. I know brand new roto molds can be expensive? Don't think i can cram a300g bin down to my basement either so looking for from like 65 to 150 gallons.

Think id do a Rubbermaid trough with cover but my status are tight switch back. So i think I'm stuck with just a drum shape unless just a series of 40b's is more cost effective. I imagine i need at least 125g combined so i can do 25% water changes at once.

Murdoch's feed store has some standing corner water storage containers that look like they would work well for you guys with larger tanks.
I have been getting my water storage units from there. Food safe and dual lids work well for me.
I plan on one of the corner units when I get a ro unit.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bomgars has water storage tanks on sale right now until April 4th so that ends today they have a 35 gallon for 79 and 65 gallon for 129

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
@bomgars see thats were my miserly streak comes in and i dont want to pay 2$ a gallon when i can get a 55 glass for 55.

Will look at murdocks, but maybe just have to be good about scouring cl daily.

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got the same drum as Balz3352 did from container reclaimer. Working well for me. It also has two standard size plastic bungs that worked for an RO float valve and for heater / circulation cords to go in.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was there this morning briefly after being at alpine lumber ordering my 4x8 beam for reinforcing. Let me in before hours as i was leaving upon seeing closed at 730am. Got some flyers so going to measure and see what fits. If I can get a large NSF (Ideal right?) to fit and price is right I'll do that, otherwise container store 55's with the big porta hatch added.