LED for 42

mortimersnerd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm a little out of the loop on the latest and greatest in lighting and need to replace my Ecoxotic Panorama setup. The tank is a 24x18x20" mixed reef stocked with mostly hardier common corals. I'm willing to spend the money for better quality, but am not set on something that's name brand. A fixture that talks to my Apex or can be controlled by a 1-10v controller circuit off the VDM module is a major plus. Also currently have a line on an AI Sol super blue that seems like a good option. Any suggestions?

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
A friend of mine just ordered a Corona fixture from Rapid LED. He's had it in less than a week and just ordered a second one.

I helped set up the first and the spectrum was nice to look at. Like a lot of LED's you can tweet the various colors to your preference.

I don't have personal experience with the fixture yet, but I've had good luck with lighting from Rapid in the past.

It might be a decent middle-of-the-road option between the extremely cheep and extremely expensive fixtures as far as LEDs go.

I don't believe its Apex comparable. Instead it uses a Fishbit app for control.